Tuesday, April 20, 2021

8-19 toward the Omer

8 And there was a day, and there was
9 a next day, and each one existed. The scarf
10 takes orange form line by line and waits for me
11 wherever we’ve left off, which is more than I can say
12 for myself, these days, or is it less? It’s different when you’re
13 an animate object, well, subject, God says. Sentient beings have never been good
14 at not changing while they wait. Neither are rocks, I say. Watch your categories,
15 God says. And anyway, when have rocks ever just been waiting? And really, what about
16 the scarf? I don’t know about the scarf, I say, except that its future is still
17 tied up with mine. Good, God says, sounding like my grandmother. Your futures will keep each other
18 fine company until you get there. No waiting involved. Will they be glad when I arrive? I say.
19 Will you? God says. Yeah, I say, I think so. Then there’s nothing else to worry about, God says.

No comments:

Post a Comment