Friday, April 17, 2020

7 toward the Omer

malkhut shebchesed

I didn’t know what it would be
until it happened, which is how I
wanted it to be. And this poem,
God says, what is happening right now?
Well, I say, I didn’t expect you
to show up quite like this. I’m
always here, God says. It just took
some time this time around for you
to not wait for the right moment.

I'm glad you're here, God, I say,
but I still want the memories, they
were almost back with me, can you
help me find them? Okay, God says,
here they are, in no particular order:
Mask. Bike. Neighbors who do not come
when you sing outside. Other neighbors' backyard.
Sunlit porch. Magnolia tree. Mopping. Her reading
today's Omer learnings to you from three

separate books. You've met her, I say.
Of course I've met her, God says.
Haven't you? I thought I'd meet myself
first, I say, and God is silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment