Thursday, April 11, 2013

17 toward the Omer


Tiferet sheb’Tiferet: Hannah (Omer Calendar of Biblical Women)

There are times
            when I wait
                        for someone who isn’t God
                                    to appear and keep me company

Other times
            I sing to God in private
                        and really would prefer
                                    that the door stay closed

One time
            you opened the door
                        and I shut up
                                    and was silent around you
                                                all afternoon

It was kind of like when that boy in middle school opened the bathroom door on me
I was horrified that he saw me naked staring at myself in the mirror but thrilled too

My beauty
            should be for God
                        and for my husband?
                                    My beauty
                                                should be for
                                                            the universe

No comments:

Post a Comment