Monday, September 24, 2012

Raindrops

Collecting on the windowsill collecting on the sidewalk collecting in my eyes my eyelashes on my lashes my cheekbones

Dust to dust little specks of dusk in my eyes my eyelashes on my lashes my cheekbones

Water runs down to the ground the ground water water run go leave the dust the dusk on my cheekbones

spatter me with sprinkles with finger flecked sprinkles red dusky dusk cheekbones

as the water runs down down to the ground the water ground water from the sky

from the sky to the ground the water by way of cheekbones of dust of dusky red collecting

collecting on the windowsill collecting on the sidewalk collecting in the clouds collecting in my eyes

eyelashes flecked with cheekbones red dusky dust blushing blood rushing from the sky to the ground dust to dust with water collecting spreading dropping binding cleaving stretching bunching holding falling

falling to the ground from the sky the water cling to each other! cling to the water bring the dust closer bring the water closer make a drop a drop that drops holding holding to itself holding to the water the dust the water dust water soul water dust water dust body cleave cleave hold tight let the molecules work let the bonds stay let the charges meld oh soul water oh my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment